Did you know how many FREE writing tools and apps are out there?
To help check your grammar? Or come up with blogging ideas? Or write an effective headline?
Here’s a list of my favorites – from the powerfully robust to the ultra-specific to the downright goofy.
(Plus, click here to see a list of free content marketing tools I’ve made specifically for bookkeepers)
TITLE WRITING TOOLS
- Headline Generator (by The Hoth): a title generator that goes the extra mile with extra specific questions
- Title Maker (by Portent): a headline maker that’s simple, fun, and a little silly
- Headline Analyzer (by CoSchedule): scores your headline by emotion, length, and readability
- Headline Analyzer (by AMI): measures EMV (emotional marketing value) of a potential title
- TitleCase: to help you capitalize the right words in a title
- Email Subject Line Tester (by CoSchedule)
CONTENT IDEA TOOLS
- Blog Idea Generator (by Hubspot)
- Keyword Research Tool: find out what your clients are Googling to write content that’s better + more targeted
- How to Find 100+ Content Ideas in 3 Minutes (by the Hoth): first read the article, then use their content gap tool – it takes time, but is extremely in-depth and helpful
RESOURCES FOR IMAGES
- Death to the Stock Photo (14-day free trial, starting at $12/mo after that)
- Pexels (free stock photos AND videos)
- StockSnap.io (thousands of FREE high-quality copyright-free photos)
- Unsplash (thousands of FREE high-quality copyright-free photos)
- TinyPNG (easily compress large images into different platform-friendly sizes)
MISC WRITING TOOLS
- Relevant Hashtag Generator (by DisplayPurposes): quickly come up with a list of non-spammy hashtags for your social media posts
- Cliche Finder
- Reading Level Analysis (by WebFX)
- Wordcounter: beyond basic word counts, this tool helps with variety too by counting your most used words
- Squibler: a writing prompt generator + timer
- Read-O-Meter: estimates the time it takes to read a piece of writing
- Emotional Words Tool: Analyzes a website, finds words that are “too rational”, and suggests better emotional word replacements
- Jargon Grader: Highlights hard-to-understand jargon words and phrases in your text
PUKKAPITH CONTENT TOOLS FOR BOOKKEEPERS
- Ideal Client Avatar (ICA) Worksheet: Have you figured out who your “ideal client” is? Not sure how to start figuring that out? Give this free worksheet a try – I promise it’ll help!
- List of Bookkeeper Websites + Questionnaire: See what other bookkeepers are doing on their websites and social media feeds, and figure out how you want to design your own business message and online content
- Pukkapith Content YouTube Channel: See all the useful videos from the weekly Facebook lives, centralized in one easy-to-navigate place
This list of tools will be updated over time as I discover them 🙂
Is one of the links broken/outdated? Feel free to shoot me a message so I can update it. Thanks!